Monday, February 16, 2009

8 Ball Stout on a Saturday Night



We putting together an auction item for a fundraiser at our kid's school. I had the clever idea that we could create a package of craft brews along with two snifters and tasting notes-- auction it off. Perfect for the parents of preschoolers. The other nice part is that I need to make sure I carefully taste each brew before writing tasting notes...

The first beer that we tasted was a beer from Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka, CA. I am a fan of their Indica Pale Ale but I hadn't tried one of their stouts.
This beer pours black in the glass with a tan frothy head. The nose has lots of chocolate, coffee and roasted malt. It is drinkable, not too heavy, and has a mild alcohol content. This is a nice winter beer. We split this 22oz bomber while making dinner. Pretty good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment